Whether you’re planning a straightforward camping trip or want to get involved in development projects that can make a real difference, introducing an international angle into your Balanced Programme is a perfect way to broaden a young person’s horizons.
- Find out about international volunteering opportunities
- Find out about Scouting all over the world and what International events are being planned, this information is updated monthly by the International team at Gilwell.
- See what links we have all around the world to show you the full, global Scouting experience
- Get tips on planning a international trip
- Take a look at Global Trekker to see where Scouting trips and expeditions have visited
Looking for more information? Contact our Assistant County Commissioner (International) – Peter Ford
Peter has a number of resources that can help to put some International flavour to your programme and happy to be contacted to see how he can help.
Global Issues Activity Badges
Explorer Belt and Scouts of the World Award
Have you heard of the Explorer Belt or Scouts of the World Award, the Explorer Belt can be completed by Explorers and Scout Network members, whilst the Scouts of the World Award is for Scout Network members. Use the links to find out more information on either of these two exciting Awards.
World Organisation of the Scout MovementFor more information about scouting in individual countries then a good starting point is the website of the World Organisation