All managers in Scouting are responsible for developing Scouting – providing the best possible quality Scouting for the maximum number of young people.
The Vision for 2018 gives a national view of where the movement should be heading. So in effect it describes what the movement sees as good Scouting.
As all Leaders try to work out how to continuously improve the Scouting they offer it is important that they use the Vision as their guide.
So what is the Vision?
Scouting in 2018 will:
• Make a positive impact in our communities
• Prepare young people to be active citizens
• Embrace and contribute to social change
Scouting in 2018 will be:
• Shaped by young people in partnership with adults
• Enjoyed by more young people and more adult volunteers
• As diverse as the communities in which we live
Members of Scouting in 2018 will feel:
These words look deceptively simple. But they contain a great deal of meaning.
To find out more, have a look at Scouting’s Vision Towards 2018 – The Challenge Ahead on the Scout Association’s Website. This provides background information and links to the Association’s 2014-2018 Strategic Plan which includes specific targets for individual members, Sections, Groups, Districts and Counties.